Friday, August 22, 2008

Today is the day I change my fitness focus.

Hello to all those reading this blog. A little introduction about who I am would be a great way to start so here goes. I'm an average guy with a wonderful wife and beautiful young daughter who will one day be an Olympian. So that's about it lol, my life in one line. Well the entire reason for this blog was to take a new approach to the way I work out, in order to get different yet desirable results. I've been lifting weights for 17 years and a majority of those years has been focused on raw strength with little to no regard for cardio. I ate what I wanted when I wanted and strove to gain weight to increase my strength potential. I'm 5 feet 10 inches tall and weigh currently 250 pounds. My best bench performance has been 485, squat 585 for one rep well below 90%, and a deadlift of 635. My lifts are no where near elite but they are better then the average gym rat. Along with those lifts I have had numerous injuries some serious some minor my most recent was a bulging disk that caused me problems for over a year. That injury put me out for 6 months before I could start lifting again. With those injuries I also developed a pretty amazing gut, I think it's sexy but the wife doesn't agree what can yah do? What I plan to do with this blog is post my workouts, my diet, my progress, my goals, and generally give those looking to get in better shape a template to follow. Wish me luck in my quest to get that washboard ab body!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, John, it has been three months. Where is the follow up? I need motivation here. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

yeah, where's the follow-up Chuck from Bakersfield lol...
your wife